Thank you for your incredible support of the ACDA-MN’s FMC Endowment Fund in 2019! Because of our donors last year, we provided a record number of scholarship dollars to a record number of recipients: 56 people received more than $29,765 in scholarships! It has truly been a wonderful year of generosity, far exceeding expectations.
- 1 The Alice T. Larsen Memorial Scholarship
- 3 Graduate Study Scholarships
- 5 ACDA National Conference Scholarships
- 8 Summer Dialogue Scholarships
- 9 Summer Dialogue Student Conductor Scholarships
- 26 Honor Choir Scholarships
- 2 World Choral Symposium Scholarships
- 2 Next Direction Student Leadership Conference Scholarships
This year, 289 people donated to support our scholarship program in 2019! We are so grateful to the 197 ACDA-MN members who, together, contributed $23,768 to the FMC Endowment Fund this year, while friends, family and the general public contributed $12,104.
Your compassion is what makes these life-changing experiences possible for so many in our community. Congratulations to our 2019 scholarship recipients!
In 2019, the FMC Endowment Fund Committee announced that the 150th birth anniversary of its namesake, F. Melius Christiansen, will be celebrated on November 21, 2021 by six Minnesota choirs at a benefit concert at Orchestra Hall in downtown Minneapolis. The choirs involved are:
- The Augsburg Choir
- The Concordia Choir-Moorhead
- The Christus Chorus of Concordia University-St. Paul
- The Gustavus Choir
- The National Lutheran Choir
- The St. Olaf Choir Choir
The event will also feature a newly commissioned piece by noted American composer Rene Clausen, (soon-to-be) past conductor of the Concordia Choir.
On behalf of the 385 recipients who have received life-changing and career enhancing scholarships since the first scholarship award in 1997, and for all those who have faithfully served as leaders on the FMC Endowment Fund Committee, thank you again for an exceptionally generous 2019. As an organization, we have much to look forward to and celebrate within the next few years.
For questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com